Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Thirsting for Him

Posting today on my other blog Follow in His Steps . . . .

"One morning this week as I read in Matthew, a passage that is well familiar to me as it has been read and studied a great many times, caused me once again to pause: "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied" (Matthew 5:6.) 
The two words that particularly caught my attention were "hunger" and "thirst." And the object of this hungering and thirsting is "righteousness" . . . firstly, being made right with God through believing in Jesus Christ as one's Lord and Savior and being born again, and secondly, it is growing in righteousness, living in such a way that is in keeping with being a child of God. 
This "hunger" spoken of here in Matthew is to . . . " read the rest here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)