Saturday, July 2, 2016

'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
Just to know, "Thus saith the Lord."

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!


O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me
'Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!


Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!


I'm so glad I learned to trust Him,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that He is with me,
Will be with me to the end.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!

Words by: Lousia M. R. Stead

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6

"And those who know Your name will put their trust in You,
For You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You."
Psalm 9:10

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD
and whose trust is the LORD.
For He will be like a tree planted by the water,
that extends its roots by a stream
and will not fear when the heat comes;
but its leaves will be green,
and it will not be anxious in a year of drought
nor cease to yield fruit."
Jeremiah 17:7-8


" 'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.' " 
Jeremiah 29:11

"It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, 
because His compassions fail not. 
They are new every morning: 
great is Thy faithfulness. 
The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; 
therefore will I hope in Him.
Lamentations 3:22-23

10 comments:

  1. Love that hymn. Thank you for the verses ~ beautiful post! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my very favorites, too, Anne. :) You're welcome for sharing, and thank you!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful words, thank you Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Elizabeth! I am glad it could be a blessing.

      Delete
  3. thewarmfireplaceJuly 03, 2016

    What a beautiful post, trust is such a little word and yet such a powerful one. Thank you.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue, and you're welcome! How very true . . . it is indeed a powerful word with such far reaching and beautiful effects.

      Delete
  4. Reading all this reminds me of the hymn, "I surrender all." Do you know it? http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/i/s/isurrend.htm It's really easy to play on the piano, and the melody is restful.
    Lately in my walk with the Lord, He's been really pressing on me trust and surrender hand in hand. Life can be so hard when it doesn't turn out the way I hoped or dreamed when I was young. It's even harder to have such strong desires for good, God-glorifying things (like having children and being able to stay at home!), yet to be asked to be content and wait and to even trust God with my heart if He never gives those gifts! Remembering to surrender my dreams and desires to God has been really helpful lately; then also trusting God with my family, even in the face of poor health and little strength which is a part of both my life and my husbands. My family and my future ultimately belong to God. It's all part of His plans. He'll be the one to glorify Himself in us and the life He gives us -- even if its not the life I expected Him to give me.

    Thanks for the lovely reminders today! God can never been trusted too much -- and I can never be reminded to trust Him too much.
    Have a great day! I hope you guys are getting a little rain.
    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all you shared, Christina! It was an encouragement to me and resonated in my heart. While the things we are each seeking to surrender to the Lord and trust Him in are slightly different, the journey is much the same. Like you, for as long as I can remember, I have had such a strong desire to marry and be a wife and mother . . . yet that door has not opened for me, at least not yet . . . and then, well, you know what happened earlier this year. These have brought learning surrender and trust to a much deeper level, and through it all, it is strengthening and deepening my relationship with the Lord in ways that I cannot fully express in words.

      Yes, as you shared, your family and your future . . . and my future as well . . . do indeed ultimately belong to God. And He has beautiful plans for us even if they may not be the plans that we had hoped for. Or perhaps His timing is different than what we would have chosen. Yet we know that He is all-wise, all-knowing, loves us so very much, and works all things for our good. I have often reflected on the fact that God and our Savior Jesus Christ showed such incredible love for us in Jesus dying on the cross for us and then redeeming us. If He did so very much for us with that, will He not be intimately involved in the much more 'minor' details of our lives? We can know and trust that He will!

      Again as you shared, God can never be trusted too much . . . praying for you that together we can grow in our trust in the Lord in these areas and be able to rejoice in, be content in, and make the most of the seasons of life He has given us, however long they may last.

      O yes, I well know the song “I Surrender All” . . . it is one of my favorite hymns!

      Yes, we have gotten a lot of rain! No more dry conditions here. :) We had between 5-6 inches over the weekend and another ½ inch today. Things look so lush and green again! Hope you are getting the rain you need, too.

      Thank you again, Christina, and I hope you have a great day as well!

      Delete
  5. Love it! Hope your 4th was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It was, Linda, and I hope yours was, too!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)