Wednesday, January 4, 2017

~ Leah and Ivan ~

~ Engaged December 31st 2016 ~

You could say we (and Leah especially!) have had an exciting start to the New Year! What a wonderful and amazing blessing it has been to see how the Lord has worked in both Leah's and Ivan's lives in bringing them together! We are so very happy and excited for them as they enter into this new and beautiful season and prepare for their lives together. Our hearts are rejoicing and so thankful for what God has done! My dearest friend and sister is getting married!!

Already Ivan is like a son to my parents and a brother to me, and he and Leah are perfect for each other! Some of you may also recognize Abel as he has been on the blog a number of times and is a special part of all of our lives. Ivan has been on the blog, too, though indirectly :) . . . he has been the anonymous 'friend' that kept coming to visit.

It is going to be wonderful to see how the Lord works in and through them in the months preceding their wedding and then in their married lives together!

There will be more to come, but for now, I'll share a bit in Leah's own words (from the post she did on facebook) . . . .

"I am thrilled to share with all of my family and friends that on New Years Eve, the love of my life asked me to be his wife. And of course I said yes! This past year and a half has been a beautiful season of watching as God brought us together, and I am blessed beyond measure to be able to spend the rest of my life with this man that has captured my heart completely and then to have the added rich blessing of being a part of his son Abel's life as well. My heart is so full!"

31 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY!!!!! That's so exciting! :D :D :D I'm so happy for Leah and the rest of your family! There's nothing quite as joyous as getting to add a new family member! :D Haha, I can't think to write much more than...
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!
    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound just a little excited, Christina! :) Made me grin just reading it! It is so special and joyous to add a new family member - and this time, two!

      Delete
  2. What exciting news, and what a delightful photo of the three of them together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth! I love that photo, too. :) It so captures the specialness and emotion of the moment!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Leah & Ivan! How did you two meet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That part of their story will be coming soon, Leah! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, Sarah, what wonderful news!! I am very happy for Leah, as clearly she is thrilled about having this man as her husband.:-) I look forward to more posts and details about how the Lord worked to bring this about. Please give her and Ivan my congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is quite thrilled, Betsy! She can't keep the smile off her face. :) A post and more details will be coming soon! Your congratulations were passed on and were much appreciated!

      Delete
  5. Aw, congrats to both of them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. :) So nice to hear from you again here! (I didn't realize you were still blogging! I look forward to reading more.)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations to all three! What a sweet family soon to be. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne! I would agree. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Sarah,
    What happy news! Please thank Leah for allowing you to share it with your faithful readers.
    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will indeed, Mrs. B! She was excited and more than happy to share!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! Exciting news! Thank you for sharing. :-)

    Also, I've been reading the book you sent me a few months ago. I would love to chat through email if you have the time once I am done - which may take a bit since baby is keeping me super busy. ;-)

    Again, congratulations and may God keep blessing your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Gabby! It is indeed exciting. :)

      I would love to chat with you about the book as well! Whenever you would like to, just let me know. :) Aww, I am sure your sweet baby is indeed keeping you busy! I hope all is well with you and your little family!

      Thanks so much!

      Delete
  9. Many congratulatons to Leah!
    The picture said it all!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, Alex! It so captures the emotions of the moment!

      Delete
  10. Is he a Russian or why he has a Russian Name ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he isn't Russian, Anonymous. :) He is named after his great-grandfather . . . and I can't remember what nationality he was . . . German maybe?

      Delete
  11. What wonderful news! The picture is priceless. It captures it all, the love between them and the joy of the moment. Have they set a wedding date yet? Congratulations to all 3 and thank Leah for sharing the news with us, your faithful readers.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it, though, Angela? It does indeed so capture the love, joy, and specialness of the moment. I am so glad that my Mom captured it! I and my Dad were videoing so Mom was our photographer. :)

      A wedding date is tentatively set for sometime in September. They are still trying to figure out which specific date would be best, though!

      I passed on your thanks to Leah . . . she was very happy and glad to share with you all!

      Delete
  12. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful picture...wonderful news! Congratulations!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all so much for sharing in Leah's (and our) joy and excitement and for your sweet comments! Leah loved each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations and blessings for the journey to come.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! This makes me so happy! Congrats Leah! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you sweet comment, Nathana! Hope you all are doing well!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)