Friday, January 27, 2017

Work Days and Wedding Planning

Work days at Ivan's (and eventually Leah's!) house have resulted in getting a lot accomplished! One day all of us went, another day just Dad did, and another Mom and Leah. On the day I was up there, I took some photos to give a glimpse into some of our work there . . .

Bringing the kitchen cabinets from the living room up to the newly painted upstairs while the kitchen is being rebuilt.

 Me removing all the old lathe from the exposed living room walls - quite a dusty job hence the dust mask and safety glasses

Mom and Abel having fun together while thoroughly wiping down all of the cabinets inside and out (eventually, Leah will be refinishing the cabinets.)

On my way back downstairs after going to see what Mom and Abel were doing
(Photo courtesy of the large mirror on the wall :)

Dad installing all the lights in the kitchen - he's such a good electrician!

Ivan and Leah doing some work down in the basement

The very happy couple :)

 All three of them while working to level part of the floor in the kitchen

Abel taking a break to watch birds with his new binoculars. He really liked them and had a lot of fun using them!

Dad helping Abel take the screws out of a piece on the door jam so the trim could be removed

My little big helper :) 
After getting all of the exposed lathe off the living room walls, I worked on removing trim pieces and wallboard in the entryway. They were nailed on quite well so it took a fair bit of work on some of them to get them off, and Abel had a blast helping me remove them! 

So there you have a glimpse into one of the work days up there!

Wedding planning has been happening, too, and the date is officially set and one big step is finalized . . . finding and booking a church! Ivan knew of a lovely country church, and this week, we all went to see it. They (and the rest of us) loved it! It is beautiful inside and out and is in such a nice setting way out in the country.

We took a lot of photos there, though will wait to show much of the church until the actual wedding :) so here are just a few  . . .

 
Ivan, Mom and Dad planning

 Mom, Leah and Dad . . . fun times planning and talking about the upcoming wedding!

The soon-to-be little family 

~ The bride-to-be and groom-to-be ~

So happy and in love!

Leah and I . . . so thankful for my dear sister! Sometimes it's still hard to believe that she is really getting married! :)

Abel and I - it's going to be so special having him as a nephew!


Abel and I running one of many races . . . we had so much fun together!
(Unbeknownst to us, Ivan took this video during one them :)

23 comments:

  1. The Church window looks beautiful, Sarah, and very traditional too. So much work in planning a wedding....and it looks as though you are all house building as well! I seem to remember ages ago you and the family did a huge project on your brother's house, so it is not new to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The windows are beautiful, Elizabeth! Yes, it is a lot of work. :) But fun and special work!

      You remembered correctly! We (along with a bit of help from friends) built my brother's house. So you are very right that this isn't new to us!

      Delete
  2. It is wonderful to see you all working together as a family on Leah's future home. I am sure that when Leah settles into her home this fall it will be with so many sweet memories. The pictures of Leah and Ivan in front of the church window are beautiful! I also especially liked the picture of you two sisters together. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Sarah. :) We certainly are making many special and fun memories working together there!

      My Dad took the photos of Ivan and Leah and captured the sweet moments so well. I loved how they turned out! I rather like that photo of her and I, too :) - sisters are such a blessing (and mine is especially so!)

      Delete
  3. Such a busy time with much to do. Your family is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed, Suze! Aww, thank you! :) I am so thankful for all of them.

      Delete
  4. Lovely! So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is very much so, Alex!

      Delete
  5. Mrs. B, a very peculiar personJanuary 28, 2017

    Hello Sarah, Sounds like such a busy and fun time. It is very inspiring to see your family working together. Blessings, Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Mrs. B! Glad it can be inspiring. :) We have a lot of fun working together!

      (I hope you do not mind me editing your comment . . . I would be happy to answer the question that you had asked through e-mail if you didn't mind sending it to me at aslilies@gmail.com Thanks so much!)

      Delete
  6. I just stumbled across your blog and it is so lovely! God bless! :)
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog, Danielle, and thank you for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  7. Glad are you making special memories with your sister as she prepares for her upcoming wedding. How sweet of you and your parents to help out with fixing up Ivan and soon to be Leah's house. Your family has such big hearts! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Sarah! I am so thankful for my family . . . and it is special (and fun!) to be working together on this project. And as you shared, to be making these special memories with my sister!

      Delete
  8. Since you took few "kind of" before pictures of the rooms of the house. Will you show us the finished rooms of the house after it's done? You know "before" and "after" pictures like the house renovations shows they do? I hope so. If not, I understand.

    How excited to hear more about the wedding plans. Glad Leah & Ivan found a church. Outside of the church looks beautiful. I can't wait to see more pictures of the inside church once the wedding is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Leah! Ivan commented just below yours and said that he has before photos and will be sharing them with me. So once the house renovation is done, I'll be happy to share!

      Glad you are enjoying hearing about the plans! The church is indeed beautiful . . . and you'll be able to see the rest of it come sometime in September!

      Delete
  9. I have pics from before starting renovations at all. I'll have to share them with Sarah and she can put some before and after pics on her blog when we're done.
    ~Ivan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ivan! I didn't realize you had before photos. It will be neat to see the contrast once it's all done!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Ivan for willing to share before & after pictures once it's done.

      Delete
  10. This makes me so happy! We are praying blessings over the sweet couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nathana! They are grateful for your prayers!

      Delete
  11. Such a sweet couple. It's so nice to see you all working together.
    God bless,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree, Anne. :) It's so nice to be able to work together!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)