Wednesday, May 17, 2017

BLT Chicken Salad Recipe

A whole lot of gift sets and a bunch of other products later, and the Mother's Day rush has reached its end! The last several days I have been enjoying a slower pace and catching up on some things and making a lot of soap to restock. Plus soaking in the warm weather, flowers blooming, sunshine, time with family, and these glorious springtime days!

While I regroup and sort through some photos that were taken the last few weeks (and take some more :), here is a recipe that I made recently and as it is a family favorite, thought you all might like it as well (the dressing is so good in wraps, too) . . . .


BLT Chicken Salad

-1/2 cup mayonnaise
-3 to 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce (I use our homemade/canned sauce)
-2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
-1 tablespoon lemon juice
-1/4 teaspoon pepper
-8 cups torn salad greens
-2 large tomatoes, chopped
-2 celery stalks, chopped
-1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
-10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
-2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced

In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Place salad greens on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with tomatoes, chicken and bacon; garnish with eggs. Drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 18, 2017

    Thanks for this lovely post and your lovely smile the recpie looks delish and I am going to try it soon . I am in Northfield Minnesota, souther part. moved here a year ago form way up North in ELy after owning a resort there a long time. I am a teacher os students at risk and loved working with them . God is frst in my life too all the time leading and if I listen great things unfold ! I will look into your shop too ..love your website here, and thank you for sharing your beautiful life. Is there any chance of you putting out a video of hammered dulcimer for me..love it..Mauybe you are on you tube let me know ok" Thanks and blessings and email is willowhosue@q.com Love in Christ, Merri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog, Merri, and thank you for your kind comment! It was nice to 'meet' you. And I am glad you enjoyed visiting! I do have videos on my blog of the dulcimers being played . . . if you go to the right sidebar where there is a compilation of topics/words, you can click 'music videos' and there will be some dulcimer videos there. Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Delicious! I love that sort of salad, and sometimes add a radish or two, or some Asparagus spears. Maybe even a few new baby potatoes. So many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Elizabeth! I love how versatile it can be; for example, the original recipe didn't have celery, but it adds a delicious crunch to the salad. Your ideas sound great!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing such a delicious looking recipe. I plan on making it this weekend. The weather here in NC has been sunny and beautiful. I have been busy planting lots of vegetables and herbs. Now I just have to be patient and wait for the delicious harvest. :) Hope you have a happy and blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, Angela! I hope you enjoy it. Your weather sounds lovely, and I am sure it has been so nice to be out planting in your garden. I hope that everything produces well for you! I know the feeling about being patient. :) We are looking forward to when we can start harvesting from ours, too!

      Thank you! I hope your weekend was as well!

      Delete
  4. We tried this salad last night and it was delicious. My only regret was that I did not crisp up the bacon enough--I did it in the oven. So it was a little limp. But we seasoned the chicken breasts with garlic, pepper and salt and grilled them, so that was an extra bit of goodness. Thanks for posting!

    --Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you liked it, Betsy! It was fun to get a comment after you made the recipe and hear your 'review'. Mmm . . . grilling the chicken prior with the garlic, pepper, and salt sounds delicious! Great idea!

      Delete
  5. I like chicken and BLTs, so I should try this recipe! Thanks for sharing it!

    https://tizziestidbits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Grace! And welcome to my blog. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)