Friday, June 9, 2017

Invitation Making

Making the wedding invitations was an involved and fun process!


Leah addressing envelopes

Meanwhile we listened to the Piano Guys 

Leah did all the labor for making the invitations save for assembling the pieces and parts . . . she designed them, printed the papers and cut them all out, and then Leah and I had an 'invitation taping morning' with our friend Meagan to tape all the pieces together with double sided tape . . . .

We're finished! Meagan and I with one of the invitations (and with the wedding date, time, location cloned out. :) 

On another day, Leah hot glued the burlap/lace ribbon on every invitation. Here they are drying before being put in the envelopes. 

It was a fun step to put the invitations in the envelopes, and then they were ready to seal and send on their way!

It was definitely exciting to have them finished and sent out. As Leah said, it makes their upcoming wedding seem even more real. :) Perhaps not quite as much, though, as when her special order wedding dress came in the mail! Only about three more months to go!

14 comments:

  1. How perfect to have personal handmade invitations. It makes it so special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make it special, Elizabeth! Plus it was fun to do. :)

      Delete
  2. How exciting Sarah & what fun making the invitations. I did this for my youngest daughters wedding & they turned out well never mind how much we saved!!!! Three months will fly in when there is so much to do. Have a blessed weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exciting, Marie! How special that you made the invitations for your daughter's wedding. I am sure that was a blessing to her and will be a special keepsake for her! Yes, it does indeed save money. :) Oh yes, time is flying by and the wedding will be here before we know it!

      I hope that you have a blessed weekend as well!

      Delete
  3. Cute invitations! I like the burlap and lace. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne! I like the burlap and lace, too. She and Ivan did a great job designing them!

      Delete
  4. How exciting! The invitations look so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Danielle Marie! And thank you!

      Delete
  5. Wow, this is so exciting. The invitations are so nice. I love the handmade idea. And Sarah you're the best sister ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed exciting, Stephanie! And thank you.

      Aww, you are sweet! I think, though, that I just might have the best sister ever. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Sarah. I found your blog through Anne's. The invitations are perfect. I love all things homemade. Very nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Gina! I am glad you stopped by! Thank you for your kind words about the invitations. I know what you mean about loving all things homemade. I am the same way! It is nice to meet you as well!

      Delete
  7. Yoo-hoo, Sarah! Where are you? I am having As Lilies blog withdrawal:-)

    --Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me laugh, Betsy! And smile at the "As Lilies blog withdrawal". :) I have been intending to post for some time, though life has been so full I haven't gotten it done! I hope to correct that soon, though! Be prepared for a random catch up post. Thank you for checking in and brightening my day with your comment!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Each one is read and enjoyed. :)